Sunday, January 5, 2014

Comparison Shopping


I've been wanting to do this for awhile. I took my weekly Aldi receipt and did a direct comparison of prices at our local Wegmans. It was very eye-opening for me. There was not one single item that was cheaper at Wegmans. There was only one item that was the same price. (Spaghetti sauce was 99 cents at both stores.) All the rest of the items were cheaper (and some by a lot) at Aldi. And I'd have to say, the comparison for taste and quality are at least equal. There is not a single item that I bought at Aldi that I would prefer to buy at Wegmans. Granted, I do still shop weekly at Wegmans for things that Aldi just doesn't sell, but the majority of our food each week comes from Aldi.

The total I spent at Aldi that week was $45.20. For the same food at Wegmans, it would have cost me $58.66. That's almost a $14 savings. Add that up over a year and that's a $700 savings. Who wouldn't want to save $700 a year?

* This shopping trip was actually a smaller trip than I usually do, I normally spend about $60-65/week at Aldi. So I would imagine my savings would really be more than $700/year!


No comments:

Post a Comment