Friday, July 13, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars


I found a fun recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars and thought I'd try it out! I was able to get all of the ingredients at Aldi (except the wheat germ... ), so I thought I'd share the recipe here. I'm thinking of more ingredients to add next time. Like dried cranberries or peanuts. I think this might become a regular thing for us!


Ingredients:
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup margarine
1 cup oats
2 tbsp wheat germ
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Melt the butter, peanut butter and honey in a pot over medium heat, stirring constantly.  Remove from the burner when melted.
2. Pour in the cup of oats and the wheat germ. Stir until well mixed.
3. Wait for it to cool. Then stir in the chocolate chips. If you pour them in while the mix is still warm, the chips will melt. But that's ok too. They're yummy either way.
4. Pour into foil-lined 8 x 8 glass baking pan and put in the fridge.
5. Once cooled, place the bars onto cutting board and cut to the size you like.
6. Eat and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment