Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pumpkin Cookies

 
I've wanted to do this for awhile. Compare Pillsbury Pumpkin Cookies to Aldi's Baker's Corner Pumpkin Cookies. Tonight was the night. I have been using a fabulous Pumpkin Cookie recipe I found years ago, that uses Pillsbury Quick Bread as its main ingredient. They are probably one of my favorite all-time cookies, and they're super easy to make.



You take the bread mix, add a 1/2 cup softened butter and 1 egg into a bowl and mix it all up. Then you roll a ball of the cookie dough in a cinnamon sugar mixture, place them on a cookie sheet, then bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees. That's it! Easy, right?

 
Well, they're also very tasty. I made 2 separate batches tonight with each bread mix. They were very similar, but noticeably different at the same time. The one on the left was the Aldi brand, the one on the right was the Pillsbury version. I'm not sure if I prefer the Pillsbury brand purely because that's what I am used to making. But I will be honest, I did prefer it. The Aldi brand was quite good though. I think it would just be personal preference on this one. You'll have to try each one and see which you prefer. I'm taking them to work tomorrow to see if anyone notices a difference... it might just be all in my head!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment